Inoperative control pad on pentair superflo variable speed pump

rolm1

Sep 1, 2020
Phx
After 2.5 years my superflo vs stopped working properly. Pump can’t be turned off with control pad and motor does not respond to commands. Pentair tech support suggested power off and reset stuff but no improvement. They believe the drive is bad. Pump runs but only at max rpms and can’t be shut off with control pad. Pretty disappointed with a 2.5 year expensive pump. Any suggestions?

R,

The main problem with VS pumps is that they have a control panel full of electronics.. This means that the power to the pump should have surge protection. But even that does not mean it can't go bad.. I would be extremely disappointed if it did not last 10 years, and would fully expect it to last 15 to 20 years.. That is just my gut talking, I have no facts to back that up, but you really don't see many reports of SuperFlo VS pump failures..

Thanks,

Jim R.

How long has your Superflo vs lasted? Would you buy another one? My lasted 2.5 years. Trying to determine whether I should
Did you purchase the pump? If you did so at the same time you bought some other select Pentair components, your warranty gets extended to 3 years. Any chance of that?

Reactions: duade
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.