Initiative for Chemical Balance Spreadsheet.

lk

May 22, 2010
North Augusta SC
Anyone thought about developing a spreadsheet in excel or similar software.
Where to keep track of chemical balance fluctuation and how it was fixed.
Something like “Pool Calculator” but with capability to keep record on test reading.
Eventually inserting few graphics or charts based on reading, wheatear condition chemicals added etc.
Just tinkering!

We have kept a three-ring binder with everything about our pool since we bought our house a few years ago. Since the renovation last year, we have most certainly kept records to prove our competent caring for the pool in the hopefully unlikely event that we have to fall back on a warranty to fix a problem.

Lana

Beez said:
]Exactly. Boring even. If you practice the TFP method with any diligence I think you will find that there is very little fluctuation to record.

I'll concur with that. Last season after I got everything balanced in may, I didnt add a drop of acid nor an ounce of baking soda. I added maybe a box of borax here and there to raise the pH a bit, but that was it. Everything was rock steady.

I have a simple one, but only for my every other Sunday 'major check'. The pool was new in 2004 so I started it for warranty reasons. My every other day routine checks (pH & Cl) I don't bother. It's still pretty boring, except last year where I had a cover O-ring pop on a Jandy Valve to the main drain and the air suction leak gave me a serious acid demand. (The valve sits two feet below water level so I decided to wait until end-of-season to identify and fix the problem. Went through five gallons of MA in one season.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.