Inifinity Edge Pool - Autofill Question

Apr 8, 2017
houston texas
Just trying to educate myself on intinity edge pools as i have a friend looking at one and i would love to help him.

We have the calculation for the catch basin size to include surge...etc...

My question is on the autofill. Obviously the autofill goes in the basin. My question is below.

1) the pool itself will have its own pump to filter the water that is not associated with the catch basin.
2) the catch basin will have its own drain, with its own pump that sends water back up to the pool. doing it this way allows my friend to decide when/if he wants to use the overflow.

I understand why the autofill needs to be in the catch basin (because of surge...etc....).

My question is, when he leaves the catch basin (overflow) pump off for several days at a time, and the pool starts to evaporate water, not having a autofill on the pool now becomes detrimental.

How do you address that? i only see two solutions:

1) run the catch basin pump at very low rpm's (variable speed pump) all the time to make sure the pool stays full.

or

2) have a second autofill at the pool level which to me i dont like as i would think you run the risk of overflowing the catch basin.

thoughts?

Is there a concern that you cannot just manually add water to the pool? The PB can run a line from the nearest water spigot and manually turn valve on if needed. Just set a timer on your phone so you do not forget to turn it off.

I like the idea of a second pump to run the infinity edge. That helps reduce the constant aeration that would occur if all controlled by the single filtration pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.