Inground vinyl liner sag

Mrsheller2246

Bronze Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Mohnton/PA
The previous owners replaced the vinyl liner in the fall of 2015. While cleaning along the edge today I noticed this:
18fe23582a7f05daaad51ef86bcb2f84.jpg

I believe beyond the vinyl is steel frame. How do I fix this or should I just call the company that installed it?
From what I read here, water behind the liner is no bueno and that's what I'll have once people start splashing around.

Pour some hot water over that area to make the liner more pliable. Use your finger to see if you can tuck it back up where it belongs. Do NOT use anything sharp to try this. MAYBE a spoon with a washcloth over it to see if that will help push it up.

Can you get the white things off with out losing the whole liner? I will have to study that kind of liner as I don't really know how it is held in good.

Kim:kim:

Pour some hot water over that area to make the liner more pliable. Use your finger to see if you can tuck it back up where it belongs. Do NOT use anything sharp to try this. MAYBE a spoon with a washcloth over it to see if that will help push it up.

Can you get the white things off with out losing the whole liner? I will have to study that kind of liner as I don't really know how it is held in good.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kimkats! I told my husband and sent him some youtube vids. Going to try next time we are home at the same time.

It takes a lot of finger strength or a good blunt tool to push them back in. When you do it make sure you get it in really good so the bead locks into the track. I have a couple spots on mine that do that occasionally. It's not really difficult during the hottest part of the summer because the liner gets more pliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.