Inground SWG in an above ground pool?

grandmatex

Jun 1, 2019
Indiana
Hello … we are looking at getting a Solaxx CLG225A Reliant Salt Generator for a new 24' round above-ground Saltwater 5000 pool that holds 13,500 gallons of water. I think it said somewhere the Solaxx CLG225A is recommended for an inground pool that holds 25,000 gallons of water. The thing we like about it is the 3 year warranty. It looks the same as a unit for an above-ground pool so we think we could purchase it and use in our above-ground pool. I was thinking I had read somewhere on this site it's okay, even better, to use a SWG that it for more gallons than what you have and it wouldn't work the unit so hard. Any help on whether it would be okay to use the unit on our above-ground pool.

Welcome to the forum!
The forum recommends getting a SWCG that is rated for at least 2X your pool volume. That is so you can run your pump for only 12 hours or less per day to generate your chlorine. With the unit you show, you will be close to that.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thank you! I will go ahead and get the Solaxx CLG240A which is for 40,000 gallons. Strangely, it is cheaper on Amazon than the one for 25,000 gallons. I really appreciate your help and will check the two references out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.