Inground pool 12x24 first year

Zanydeb

May 1, 2019
Fayetteville, NC
I have recently purchase a foreclosure that has a in-ground pool I'm used to above-ground pools 18 round my 48 in deep ... I am new to a sand filter Books-A-Million with cartridges instead of rinsing the cartridge or replacing with a sand filter you just backwash and vacuum to waste and of course not to forget to put it in rinse cycle before I filter! Hoping I can get some advice regarding my filter running normally and my pool level the water goes down so I have to keep the hose in it any advice would help!

I have had the pool company replace the spider gasket and it's leaking from what I thought was a cracked multiport but looks like the sight glass ... when I run my filter in normal operation my water level goes down so I'm assuming that my multiport valve is stuck so I have not reopened the top of the valve port but plan on doing so my sight glass is wrapped with Teflon tape from the pool company

Have you tried unscrewing the sight glass to see if it's cracked or something?

Is the waste port on the multiport hard piped so you can't see the outlet? If so is there any way to disconnect it and see if there's water coming out it when you're in filter mode?

I don't think the sight glass is cracked I thought the housing was cracked first but now I'm realizing and it's leaking from the threads of the sight glass in addition my pool drains when I filter it normally I think I have to open my multiport valve to see if the gasket is seated properly maybe it's just not turning I don't know I'll take a peek today

That sight glass should have a gasket or o-ring depending on which model valve you have. If it's missing or cracked it's hard to get them to stop leaking with just t-tape.

Does the sight glass leak in filter mode?

Allow me to ask; in the event that it is filtering to waste how can that be corrected please?

First we need to make sure that it is leaking to waste when in the filter position. Have you determined that yet?
However, if it is leaking to waste then re-seating or replacing the spider gasket will need to be done.

Can you tell us the make and model of the equipment, especially the filter, and multiport valve?