Inground fiberglass spa anyone with any history of them?

mrbarron

Bronze Supporter
Dec 30, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I am in the planning and obsessive stage of my pool and have been looking at inground, fiberglass spas to get a better spa more like an AG one. I don't want an above ground one, but dont want just a bathing tub with 6-8 jets. I've seen online these: You are being redirected... and these: http://calmwaterpools.com/inground-swimming-pool-designs-ideas/spas-and-splash-pools/placid-spillover-fiberglass-spa-pool/

But cannot seem to find anyone who has gone this route. IF you have, could you let me know your history and if you are happy with them? Thanks

I have not done this but am giving you a bump just in case there is someone that did it I missed seeing. I like the idea of it EXCEPT I would worry about repairing it in the future. How do you get to the jets and lines if needed?

The in-ground fiberglass ones I’ve seen here were installed with fiberglass and/or vinyl pools. I know there are some pics here somewhere.

We installed an inground (18” above) fiberglass spillover spa made by Alps. So far we really like it. The seats in the spa vary different depth so you can find the perfect place to sit and the spa jetswork well. It is plumbed to have a separate jet pump from the chlorine/filter/heater pump.

The currently active user Hootz has a vinyl pool with fiberglass spillover spa. Although the pool is new to them and still closed for winter. So he may not be of much experience.

The one's I saw looking back at TFP posts were more plain versions. That Sunbelt Spas one you linked is nice because the seats are molded and more like an standalone version. I did note that it said the spa should always be covered when not in use to protect the acrylic finish (so it's not fiberglass). Obviously covering is good for retaining heat, but the acrylic aspect is something to note.

I too have been thinking about an in-ground fiberglass spa as an alternative to a stand-alone as my spouse thinks they are “ugly” and “cheap looking”. Lol. I have found a company that sells them for DIY installs - Inground hot tubs pools by Immerspa. They have some pretty pictures, but no prices. Can’t find any kind of reviews either. I’m also thinking of maybe just recessing a standard stand-alone - I’ve seen that done before.

Thanks KGclark, Immerspa seems to be very expensive $10k and higher. The set up that I can tell is that the housing of the pumps is up to 20 feet away, more like a concrete spa installed. But ouch that pricetag.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bmoreswim! Loved reading about your build, it was one of the first ones I read from start to finish. Your setup is amazing! Still can't figure out how to search for photos (or get a notice when someone replies to my thread) but that I am sure is user error.

Not sure if this is allowed (Kim will let me know) but kgclark below is the pricing sheet from immerspa. Hope this is helpful.

US RETAIL PRICE LIST
PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION
Jets and Exterior Dimensions

DEPTH Available Colors-
Standard

Retail
Price

OASIS 11 Jets/ 8’x 10’ 34” White/beige/black 11500
MIRAGE 22 Jets/ 8’x10’ 34” White/beige/black 13999
MAYA 13 Jets/9’x9’ 40” White/beige/black 10999
MAYA LX 21 Jets/9’x9’ 40” White/beige/black 12500
EDEN 11 Jets/9’x11’ 33” White/beige/black 12999
EDEN LX 20 Jets/9’x11’ 33” White/beige/black 14500
JAVA 11 Jets/ 7’8”x16’ 39” White/beige/black 12999
JAVA LX 20 Jets/ 7’8”x16” 39” White/beige/black 14500
LAGOON 48 Jets/10’x16’ 34” White/beige/black 23999

Thanks bmoreswim! Loved reading about your build, it was one of the first ones I read from start to finish. Your setup is amazing! Still can't figure out how to search for photos (or get a notice when someone replies to my thread) but that I am sure is user error.

Thank you. On searching for pics on the site, here's a tip. If you enter a term in the search bar at the top right, it will bring up a Google search screen with only TFP results. Then click the "Images" tab at the top and you'll see nothing but pictures from TFP. Then click on one of the pictures and then hit the "Visit" button to the right of the picture. And that takes you to the thread in TFP with the picture.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.