Infloor Cleaning PV3 system - MY EXPERIENCE AFTER A YEAR OF USE

I'm killing time here, not advocating anything in particular...

for a pool of 20x30, you'll get 360 gallons of water in the pool for every inch of rain. http://ucanr.edu/sites/scmg/files/30178.pdf

a pool of 20x30x5 is 3000 cubic feet, or about 22000 gallons. Cubic Feet (ft3) To Gallons - How many gallons in a cubic foot?

to follow your bucket example, if your 22000 gallon pool gets 22000 gallons of rain water, your FC would be halved. and your house destroyed. :)

If your 22000 gallon pool gets 360 gallons of water (an inch of rain), that will change a FC reading of 5 ppm to 4.91. SO yes it will change the chemistry, but I think what they're getting at is the rain shouldn't be enough to drop you so far that now algae is growing. Unless you were at the bottom of an appropriate level to begin with.

6 inches of rain would be 2160 gallons of water. about 10 percent of the volume (in this example). You would go from 5 ppm to 4.5 Or from 10 to 9.

In those rains though, yes you'd certainly need to take extra measures, as all sorts of organic materials probably blew into the pool.

I keep my chlorine under 2ppm. I found that with my system that is the lower level to keep it clear (and yes, frogs like it too). And we have had >10inch rain events over 24 hour periods in the past months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting back on topic, I don't have that system but my main drain has pretty wide slats. I assumed that anything small enough or pliable enough to get through would be fine through the pipes.

If would think that either small stuff gets through and is fine, or large stuff sits on the drain grid and you scoop it with a leaf rake. Does the design of the floor drain make it impossible to scoop out the big stuff with a leaf rake?

Getting back on topic, I don't have that system but my main drain has pretty wide slats. I assumed that anything small enough or pliable enough to get through would be fine through the pipes. Do you think maybe the grid is too wide?

I'm sorry but are you asking that question about my system or yours? :)

If about mine: the shear amount of leaves (hundreds!) makes my drain stand no chance!! More the trees' fault than the drain's I think.

Do you have a leaf/debris bag behind your drain?

(And thank you for the back-on-topic!)

Ok, right, that's what I meant then. Seems odd for a drain to have an outer shell or grid that allows big leaves inside, but can't send them through the pipes after that. Maybe there's a way to put some plastic ties crosswise or something across the drain grid to keep the big leaves out in the first place, then you can just scoop them from the surface? just spitballing.

Ok, right, that's what I meant then. Seems odd for a drain to have an outer shell or grid that allows big leaves inside, but can't send them through the pipes after that. Maybe there's a way to put some plastic ties crosswise or something across the drain grid to keep the big leaves out in the first place, then you can just scoop them from the surface? just spitballing.

That's not a bad idea. I have been stuck on trying to get the big leaves to get sucked into the drain without clogging but keeping them out totally would be another approach. I'm going to ponder over that one. Maybe some sort of dome shaped cage over the drain that lets smaller stuff through but keeps the big leaves away. This would only have to be in there a couple of months in the fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.