Infinity pool - Low end Adjustment

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
Long story short, no matter how much they played with the returns, the shallow end of the pool about 5-6 feet wouldn't flow over the wall. I didn't complain too much ,but i wanted it fixed.. They tried everything, last resort...They had to shave off some of the top of the wall and pebble tec area and lower it slightly.. I was fine with this, except after the fact the edge right before the glass tile is a slightly off color now, opposed to the black pearl pebble tec, it's not overly noticeable unless you're right on top of it, i'll post a picture tomorrow. My question is, should i complain? The wall does work as intended now, i think if they would of just adjusted the one return jet to point towards the wall that may of alleviated the problem to begin with, i didn't even know those little eyeball things could be adjusted. That brings me to my final question... I think the pool builder forgot that we have to have the final inspection, where they come in and put up the alarms etc... I was probably the lowest value project he's ever done, so i am not probably at the top of his priority, and i think he just forgot.His guys did come back out and work on the wall like he promised, he did call in a warranty issue for me on a pump, i think it's partly both..He's already paid, and he's crazy popular/busy.

Who's responsibility is it to assure the final inspection is done? I looked on my local website and it doesn't say anything is past due.I haven't emailed him about it yet, because i want to wait and see if i should say something about the wall or not.

I also have a lot of off coloring in my pool, there is area's where it's darker finish. Like for example around the return drains, there is a good circle around each of them that's much darker than the rest of the pool's finish. Again, tomorrow i'll post pics.It's 2am and im exhausted, but i wanted to write this.

9a0f39a04eb15f24a52d6bc2d45b3214.jpg
2418e397617ef9f3e7a351d9dbcd5468.jpg
bdaeb25b8ed77f55e1138a87ab8c2418.jpg
0d0b206319009e229aaf10063669b5bf.jpg
38d78020a163c824450c332363ca0073.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing that adjustments to returns would have any meaningful impact on water flowing over an infinity pool wall that was not level on one end. I think it's great he fixed it right and a slight mis-match on color is just life. Your dark pool will be significantly faded in a few years so there's that (for better or worse).

Great looking end product!!

It's probably one of those things where you will always notice because you are aware of what was done. I can't see anything in the pics either so I'm guessing it may not be that visible in person? I hope so anyway :)

I can vouch that once you notice something, it is hard to let it go, esp when it's brand new and you paid out a lot.

Also, whether your job is top, middle or low end, you still deserve the same customer service and don't settle for anything less...and the PB calling in a warranty item is nothing.

Your greatest time to negotiate or ask for a change is now. If you feel they are not right, get another professional opinion or two...the pic's are not going to show the flaws w clouds, sun reflection, etc...if there are any issues, put a punch list together and go for it...it's now or never.

BTW, a good point was made that the black will fade...if that can help to resolve the issue, then save your complaint and use/leverage it for something else...be fair, but be firm/

good luck - tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.