Infinity edge noise levels

arj89

Jul 3, 2022
Canada
Hello everyone! I want to say that this forum has been really helpful for me and gives me confidence in pool ownership! But, now I have an odd question that just occurred to me that I can't get a straight answer on.

How loud are your infinity edges? I know that some people seem to like a full cascade, others nice trickles down travertine, but are there any options for silence? How do your edges/surge pools sound from inside?

Currently our edge is designed as per the attached photos. The pool is 25'x10' and we were planning to have one 25' and one 10' edge as "'infinity" as can bee seen in the attached.

Will that total length of edge require a lot of pumping (therefore spill over noise) to have it all work properly? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 3.04.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 3.04.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 3.11.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Sound levels on the deck beside the pool then sound inside the house is what I'm after. I really don't want to hear a constant water noise when going to bed/waking up.

I haven't gotten that far to understand how much water will be flowing across this length.

Options for silence would when the water is not cascading. The lower the flow the quieter. Looks like the distance of fall would be around 4’ to the surge pool and the amount of water falling is going to make the difference.
35’ of spillway is a good distance but you control the amount of flow over the spillway.
Vanishing edge pool work because the spillway is done correctly and not as much the amount of water is being pumped.

Options for silence would when the water is not cascading. The lower the flow the quieter. Looks like the distance of fall would be around 4’ to the surge pool and the amount of water falling is going to make the difference.
35’ of spillway is a good distance but you control the amount of flow over the spillway.
Vanishing edge pool work because the spillway is done correctly and not as much the amount of water is being pumped.
This makes sense. So I need to be able to circulate my pool with skimmers if I want to shut the edge off? I will make note of those flows and I guess I will have to build that into my automation somehow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.