Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
Trying to get some clarification on how far down we should tie our catch basin. From what I can read it needs to be more than the the standard 6” water line tile. Any recommendations?

thank you!

Depends on the design of your catch basin and what the minimum water level in it will be. No plaster should be exposed and tile should cover any area that may not have water at all times.

I do not have any tile in my catch basin and the Pebbletec has surface cracks in the wet/dry area. You are definitely on the right track with using more than a single row of tile. I would recommend at least 3 rows. Go more if you don’t plan to use an auto filler since the water level can vary by more than a foot (depending on size of your pool, pool to catch basin ratio, size of your infinity edge pumps, etc.) unless you are out there checking and refilling every day or two. I plan to add 4 rows of tile when I have a renovation done. Depending on the specific design, infinity edge pools can lose about double the rate of water due to increased evaporation and splash out. Add in the multiplying effect in the catch basin and the water level varies a lot!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.