Indiana Hill Billy pool dig...with pics!

Can I get a :whoot: Look what we did! :cheers:

cover.jpg

Pics at night just beautiful with lights on. The water in the day is a rich aqua color. We really picked the right liner for us and the steps turned out perfect. Auto Cover is up and running. It was a little difficult to figure out but installation went smoothly!! Thanks for all the help and encouragement from TFP. Couldn't have done it without you!!!

1025112218a95168603.jpg

1025112219a95158166.jpg

No need to wait for summer! We swam for a couple hours before getting ready for our big annual Halloween party. The kids just had the best time. They watched and helped all summer, so it was so exciting to see them enjoy themselves. I can not express how proud I am of my husband. He has accomplished what many thought he could not. I loved watching the satisfaction on his face as he watched the kids swim.

Around 9 pm, the Halloween party turned into a night time 50 degree swim party. Of course the water was 80 degrees so people couldn't help but jump in. Super fun!

IMG_0736.jpg

Our slide is here. We are really pleased with this. Seems really durable and as safe as a slide can get. We took it outside and let the kids slide into the grass for a while.

IMG_0772.jpg

Concrete pad to get poured next week. Then we will close the pool and get ready for 5 foot of snow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
8cornflakes,

Same way with us. I was so slow getting the decking and retaining wall and fill dirt on two side of the pool we swam without it for one entire season. We were so excited to get water in the pool, we didn't care if it was blue or not. Several big jugs of Clorox and away we went. Pics are about one year apart, if not more.[attachment=1:2phgtc9m]049firstswim.JPG[/attachment:2phgtc9m][attachment=0:2phgtc9m]054completed.JPG[/attachment:2phgtc9m]

Attachments

• 049firstswim.JPG
    049firstswim.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 054completed.JPG
    054completed.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 320
Dave, is that tile over concrete? If so, how has it held up?
Good morning! Yes. The primary reason for not doing the last two sides is that is all fill dirt behind a retaining wall and, even though I compacted it, I felt I needed to wait a year for it to settle completely.

That turned out to be worth the wait because (so far) there is not one crack in the entire decking (2500 sq ft).

In hindsight, I would opt to do only one color of tile. Secondly, even though we thought we tested it carefully, it has turned out to be a little more slippery than we would really like.

It is virtually impervious to EVERYTHING and I would do it again with the two modifications above.

We came back here to reminisce and actually enjoyed our own thread again! My husband said, "remember when we hated this project"? It's all ancient history now. Then we realized we aren't even done yet! We are gearing up for Indiana Hill Billy pool dig part 2...The Hill Billy Returns! The next chapter includes:

Decking
Diving Board
Slide
Deck jets
Exterior lighting
Landscaping
Finish the vault for the cover
rerouting the invisible fence around the pool (and getting collars for all the kids)
Repairing the wooden deck off the house that we distorted
Pool party!

Stay tuned.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.