ba67

Oct 17, 2018
Southern Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm on day 8 of a SLAM. Water looks fairly clear and CC is .5. I'm losing too much FC during the day though and I haven't passed an OCLT yet. I'm pretty sure that the FC loss during the day is caused by low CYA since it appears to be 20 now because of all of the backwashing, rain, and vacuuming to waste. I'd like to get the CYA up quickly so I can get this SLAM over with so I was thinking about using liquid CYA to quickly increase it since I have a gallon in the garage that is left over from last year. Is it likely still good, even though its been in the garage for 6 months? According to pool math, 1/2 gallon will get CYA to 30 and 1 gallon will get CYA to 40. Since I'm going to need to increase CYA to 40 soon anyway, should I go ahead and add the whole jug or would it be better to add a half jug to get CYA to 30 and then add more later after the OCLT has been passed? Is it best to pour it around the perimeter and brush it in, or can it be poured into the skimmer like the instructions on the bottle indicate?

Sure, go ahead, but add the entire jug and make sure you clean ALL the product out of the jug. May take a bit of work, but get all of it out. Pour it in the skimmer, that is fine. Do it slowly so it doesn't clog anything...

Reactions: ba67