Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2021
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I added 50 Lbs of Peladow and brushed to dissolve it and I noticed after 2 hrs my pressure on the filter has gone up from 16 to 20psi. Is that normal after adding salt?
Is it from the salt? I would assume that whatever went in has already dissolved. I need to increase my cya and I don’t want to throw the sock in and then have to do a backwash after.

That slight haze is calcium. You added acid today it looks like. Check your pH in the morning.

That slight haze is calcium. You added acid today it looks like. Check your pH in the morning.
Yes, came off my slam yesterday but I ran it one more night into this morning to be sure. So I went ahead and started to balance the others. I stared with my PH, dosed MA waited then proceeded with my CH.
so should I backwash it or let it ride? My skimmers have good flow. My clean psi is 15, + 1 with DE so 16 and now she’s at 20. I’m afraid of loosing my calcium I added a few hrs ago if I backwash 🫨
My last backwash was 7 days ago.

Last edited:
If you still have good water flow, I would wait. Only thing that could have plugged the filter is calcium.

Your last CH level I could find was a month ago at 250 ppm. No real need to add acid with that level. Just let pH and TA ride a bit high.

Reactions: Envieddesigns
If you still have good water flow, I would wait. Only thing that could have plugged the filter is calcium.

Your last CH level I could find was a month ago at 250 ppm. No real need to add acid with that level. Just let pH and TA ride a bit high.
Good day & Happy Memorial Day!
Here are my morning readings.
FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
CH 500
CYA 40
CSI 0.03
Temp 71 F

Should I bring my ph down to 7.2 or leave it and should I bring my CYA to 50?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.