Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

I'm so excited that I closed on my pool loan and going to drop the first payment which is the biggest. Like... I can not believe that I was in the dang gutters all last year, homeless for 2 months after losing everything I ever worked for and now, after recovering from that fire, I'm in a beautiful home with an awesome pool I've always wanted! And it's going to happen! I couldn't ask for a better group of people to share my pool build with than you guys! It's like we've been friends forever and you guys helped pick me n my husband up when we needed it the most!!!

I'm not getting the pool installed for a few more months but its darn near 70° here and I have a fire pit to move out of the middle of my pool site so that's what I'm doing today. Enjoying the weather with my Daddy on my mind. He used to tell me all the time, Little hard work never killed anyone.

Attachments

• 20210404_134234.jpg
    20210404_134234.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 51
I set up Hub's new burning ring where the above ground pool was going to go. It needs another ring around the top. My foot is killing me today. Its broke. I've been walking on a broken foot since last March. The foot kills me. I've been under dr care but I dont think the bone stimulator is working and I'll probably have to have another surgery to have a cadaver bone placed on the break. It's pretty sore to say the least. Back to work today.

Attachments

• 20210404_151427.jpg
    20210404_151427.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 38
That would make even a non-broken body hurt! That is a lot of good work done there!

My husband "tested" one of those bone simulators when they cut his leg in half to straighten it. It did not work at all. The cadaver bone dissipated as well. It took a LONG time for the 12mm gap in his leg to heal aka new bone to grow/fill in. I hope yours works better.

Went to order my robot and Marina Pool and Spas in Colorado is SOLD OUT of the S200 model. They are selling a the Warrior SE for $699 in it's place. She said it's the same exact thing but a different color.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-162510_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-162510_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210405-162538_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-162538_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: bmoreswim
Yup, that's what I bought...works a charm. Looks good too.
His name is Carlos the Pool Boy! A CO named him today and my Sergeant's eyes got really big and she was shaking her head YES! And there... Carlos the Pool Boy... was born in the Sergeant's Office somewhere in a Pennsylvania State Prison, during the 1135 count, given to moi to take care of for the rest of his pool boy life. :mrgreen:

Just paid for Carlos. This is getting real. I'm so excited. Princess asked me if I had any money so I showed her my acct and told her that's for our brand new pool. She was just as happy. I've had a lot of people want to barf when I tell them I'm paying so much for an inground pool. Then I ask them... how much is that brand new truck you're driving? Or that motorcycle you just bought? You wanted it. Well I want this and I'll use it every single day in the summer that I can. It's my Staycation! I dont go on vacations. I go out my back door. They understand it then. I'm not looking for their approval. I'm looking to turn my backyard into a watering hole!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had a lot of people want to barf when I tell them I'm paying so much for an inground pool.
It’s a fair feeling. When I got my soft quote for another pool recently, I myself, barfed. :ROFLMAO: 50% more only 8 years later. But I stiill wholeheartedly agree with every word above and will be doing it sooner than later.

• Love
Reactions: Casey
Its crazy! Those giant pickup trucks are very popular down here, and they are so freaking expensive! They are easily plunking down 75k on something that might not even last longer than it takes to pay it off. If I had it to spend I would much rather use it on a pool!

I set out to replace my truck recently and it was $65k medium equipped. I would be terrified of putting scratches/dings on said shiny new truck god forbid i used it like a truck. So I bought a $42k loaded car and kept the old truck for dump/HD runs. Without daily use it will last forever. And I have $23k to help with the new pool. 😁 (Still need a lot of help tho😭)

Loaded trucks up here can easily run 70k. Loaded bike can run around 35k. No one bats an eye. Pool n everyone loses their :poop: ! I'm saving money. Wear n tear on my vehicle to run all over the states n will not swim in a pool at said destination because they all look like they are on the verge of a swamp!!! Give me my inground please!

@Newdude what are you looking at price wise for a new pool? That's if you dont mind me asking?

The 20X40 concrete with vinyl will be about $40k for just the pool/equipment and electric. I’m thinking $20k-$25k more for decking after it all settles.

No one bats an eye.
It’s crazy. I could have spent $90k on a loaded F-250 or the same with a suburban, and nobody would have blinked. But I bought a fancy 4 door car for half that and it’s a ‘mid life crisis’. It’s not my fault that they bought boring ones. :ROFLMAO:

The 20X40 concrete with vinyl will be about $40k for just the pool/equipment and electric. I’m thinking $20k-$25k more for decking after it all settles.
I was quoted $76k for a 20x40.

I'm starting the zoning phase of my permit. I drew up something for them with a detailed email to help them look at the actual survey plot. I told him if I'm all wrong to please let me know. I think I did a little better than my big burly PBs drawing. My fence wont be as crooked as it appears in the drawing! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20210407_165324.jpg
    20210407_165324.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 42

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.