Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

I just got a phone call to ask if we can close the pool today? Well, I guess we can. I know it's time but I want the pool cleaned n chemically treated for winterization first. CYA added and chlorine. PH brought into range. He goes, well I'm going to need you to take a sample to the store. I asked him, Why would I do that when I have a perfectly legit Taylor Testing kit right here? He said, oh... that'll work.

So I guess we're closing today. I need to pay attention because I'm going to be doing this next year myself.

So are they done working on the pool for this year? Slide and equipment done next year?

They are not closing the pool yet. But... I'm glad. But I do have a question...

AM I THE ONLY MORON ON EARTH WHO BELIEVED I DIDN'T NEED A WIFI TO GET MY PUMP STARTED? Because apparantly I need wifi hook up to get my Jandy pump started. So guess who just got internet at her house? This bonehead... on Thursday the 21st! I was trying to live life without it. PB assumed I had internet so you know what that means when you assume. So tomorrow he's going to bring over a different pump n get the pool clean. I had no idea. I prefer to live under a rock. It's just how I want to be. I feel like an idiot.

That’s news for me too. I’m a good friend like that. 😁

You should be able to hotspot it off your phone in the meantime. The phone would have to be kinda close to the pad, but should be easily deal-able with for long enough to mix up your chems each day.

You DO have a cellphone that’s newer than your granddaughter, right ? :poke:

People assume everyone under age 90 has internet these days. Did you have all your systems automated? I would think the pump would have some kind of bypass so you could operate it without internet. Even if the majority of people have internet, not everyone has good internet! I live 2 miles away from Johnson Space Center but you would think I live in the middle of nowhere with my janky internet service. :roll:

I have a Jandy system. I'm supposed to download the iaqualink app to get the system up n running. I did not buy all the garb of automation. I told him I wanted a plain Jane system n I would be fine with just flipping a switch to run it n keep my pool in line with being plain Jane. So he tells me today to download the iaqualink app n I cant get it to download. It just keeps going n going n going for hours. I can get over getting the internet. But I thought I was getting a system that I could manually turn on n off but I need a freaking app to get it started. Its getting frustrating now because I dont have a switch... my plain jane. I wanted my pool clean today n I'm feeling a bit wired up n it's not good how I'm feeling. I don't know what I have. It's out of my comfort zone n not being able to download the app is really making me angry because my PB said it shouldn't take this long. And I don't even know how to get ahold of someone to make it work. I have a Galaxy Note 8 phone. I dont think it's a dinosaur by any means.

Attachments

• 20211015_082916.jpg
    20211015_082916.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211015_082923.jpg
    20211015_082923.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211015_082926.jpg
    20211015_082926.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 25

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[edit; we replied at the same time]

If you’re not using automation, then the pump shouldn’t need internet and you shouldn’t need an app to my knowledge. I think you’re getting automation - so just tell him what you want and don’t back down! You specified what the system should be, so if something is spec’d wrong then it’s their issue. Just trying to encourage you!

Reactions: Mdragger88
They are not closing the pool yet. But... I'm glad. But I do have a question...

AM I THE ONLY MORON ON EARTH WHO BELIEVED I DIDN'T NEED A WIFI TO GET MY PUMP STARTED? Because apparantly I need wifi hook up to get my Jandy pump started. So guess who just got internet at her house? This bonehead... on Thursday the 21st! I was trying to live life without it. PB assumed I had internet so you know what that means when you assume. So tomorrow he's going to bring over a different pump n get the pool clean. I had no idea. I prefer to live under a rock. It's just how I want to be. I feel like an idiot.
From the Manual:
VS FloPro Controller Options The VS FloPro pump can be operated by one (1) of five (5) controllers: the JEP-R variable-speed controller, iQPUMP01 controller, the AquaLink RS controller (Rev O or later), the AquaLink PDA (Rev 4.0 or later), or the AquaLink Z4. The VS FloPro variable-speed pump communicates with the controllers via a four-wire RS-485 interface.
Are you using one of those 5 controllers for the pump? Id assume the pump can be controlled locally from one of those controllers? There is no way they could lock you into needing internet to operate a pump, in general it's just not safe.

Also if you flip up the panel on the pump aren't there controls there?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Tell your PB you want the JEP-R variable-speed controller which gives you the hardware buttons you want and you can ditch their app. Basically wonderful Jandy charges extra for the pump control panel.

It can mount on the back of the pump or on a surface near the pump.

VSFloPro_img1.jpg

My pool build is complete. They system is up n running. PB did it using his phone n as soon as I'm up n running with wifi, he'll switch me over.

Attachments

• 20211019_154201.jpg
    20211019_154201.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20211019_154232.jpg
    20211019_154232.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 96
Very nice! :goodjob: We've been thinking about getting one of those slides as well. You'll have to let us know how everyone likes it.

full

• Haha
Reactions: Casey
Very nice! :goodjob: We've been thinking about getting one of those slides as well. You'll have to let us know how everyone likes it.

full
I almost took it off the build. It's the Typhoon. I'm glad I didnt go with the next biggest one. This one is plenty big for me n her. :mrgreen:

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.