In-pool umbrella recommendations

kevin.gt

Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2020
Atlanta, GA
I’m looking for product links to umbrellas people have successfully used in their pool for long durations. I had a couple cheap “aluminum” umbrellas from Amazon with good reviews that both rusted after two months (unknown to me until I lifted them out of the tanning ledge).

I know other posts suggest aluminum but I’m nervous to buy another set like that without personal recommendation since they obviously aren’t always completely aluminum. I greatly appreciate any recommendations.

I've used one all summer long that I bought from Lowe's and it is still in great shape. I spent less than a hundred bucks on it, and I made sure it was aluminum before I bought it. If there is rust it sure isn't aluminum. Without seeing one in person I wouldn't trust it myself. You might even bring a magnet with you to see if it sticks to the pole.

Reactions: BMK and kevin.gt
I've used one all summer long that I bought from Lowe's and it is still in great shape. I spent less than a hundred bucks on it, and I made sure it was aluminum before I bought it. If there is rust it sure isn't aluminum. Without seeing one in person I wouldn't trust it myself. You might even bring a magnet with you to see if it sticks to the pole.
Love the idea of using a magnet. Thanks!

Fwiw...I too have a Lowes umbrella with aluminum pole. I think i paid about 70 bucks for it. Just finishing season 3 and still looks new.

We changed out the short aluminum/steel/?? metal with a 6 foot stainless steel pole. Raises the umbrella to a usable heights and will no worries about rust. SS Umbrella Pole and using 11 foot, 6 panel umbrella from Amazon.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.