CharliePlowells

Jun 6, 2019
Michigan
Hello, I’m new to this website and desparte for some advice!
We just took the cover off our in-ground vinyl pool to find that some of the the liner came off the track. We thought we could fix it, but it’s impossible cause it’s so short, I don’t know if it shrunk. We are using hot water to pull it up but even pulling it up it doesn’t allow us to reach to get back into the track. I will attach a picture! Any advise would be great. Hopefully don’t have to get a new one! 105228

You might be able to get some lifting leverage by using very srong tape (gorilla tape?)

This way you can be on your knees leaning over the pool and lift.
The tape will definitely need to have a very strong tensile strength so it doesn’t “slip”

Hi, welcome to TFP! draining off a little more water to make the liner easier to pull up may help. Try pulling it up again on a warm, sunny day. Did you take part of the coping off to lift the liner into place or was it already like that?

A similar thing happened to our liner when it was only a couple years old. We were too afraid of ripping the liner if we tried fixing ourselves. Called the PB who installed the liner and he came out and fixed it. The liner is now 16 years old (ready to be replaced next year) and it hasn't come out of the bead since the PB fixed it. He didn't charge us but that's just the kind of guy he is. Not sure what a pool company would charge you.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

I have had similar issues when opening my pool in the spring. The water needs to be very hot; not quite to a boil but almost. From the looks of your liner you have plenty of slack. Do not try to do too much at a time; start at one end and work about a foot before stopping and applying more hot water. Tip: clip your nails before stretching the liner, long fingernails will gouge the liner when pulling it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.