Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 760
Hello all. The venturi style pop-ups in my 35,000-gallon plaster pool have not been rotating at all since last summer. I have checked several pop-ups in the spa and 2 shallowest zones regularly during an 8-hour cleaning period. The water spray remains in the same direction. Debris constantly accumulates in the areas away from the now fixed spray pattern. The 4 cartridge filters in the Pentair CCP525 filter are less than 6 months old and were just cleaned and the filter o-ring replaced. The pressure on the filter is 20 psi. There do not appear to be any obvious leaks in the above ground piping.

The Jandy check valves were replaced last year along with the upper housing for the 6-port pop-up valve (union was cracked). A new gear plate was also installed at this time.

Have been running the VSP seed at a constant 2750 just to keep the bottom of the pool tolerable but frequent brushing and weekly manual vacuuming still required. This system worked well for many years until last summer. The pump high speed setting was the original set-point when installed and was working well.

My pool service company suggests replacing the entire pop-up valve assembly at this time since nothing else is solving this problem. The pool is getting drained and acid washed this weekend.

I am scratching my head over this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What brand is the in floor system? I know Paramount has some "troubleshooting" info on their website for the pop ups. Are the zones changing? I know it is the up and down movement of the nozzle that makes the heads rotate.

I can't find anything about how to diagnose that. If you are the original pool owner it looks like they have a lifetime warranty.

Here are their phone numbers-likes like they are part of Pentair now. (800) 851-8492 outside Arizona (602) 256-6935 in Arizona

I have a pool built by Presidential pools in AZ five years ago, and only 3 of 13 pop ups are working at all. Pentair equipment, I am second owner, new to owning it, trying to figure this out as I type. I did just start my own thread in this topic. Did you figure it out yet?

I have verified that the filter (20 psi) and pop-up valve are working correctly. That should be your first step. While the pool was drained for acid cleaning, I pulled several of my A&A G2V heads. They should rotate when you hold them in your hand and push up and release which none of them did. The pool company tech performing the acid cleaning agreed that they were no longer working correctly. Pool company customer service recommended buying one pop-up and installing it to see if it rotates. If it does, problem solved. Working on this next step.

I have verified that the filter (20 psi) and pop-up valve are working correctly. That should be your first step. While the pool was drained for acid cleaning, I pulled several of my A&A G2V heads. They should rotate when you hold them in your hand and push up and release which none of them did. The pool company tech performing the acid cleaning agreed that they were no longer working correctly. Pool company customer service recommended buying one pop-up and installing it to see if it rotates. If it does, problem solved. Working on this next step.

Do you have the popup removal tool that attaches to your pool pole?
If so, you can easily remove and install the popups when the pool is full. If you don't have that tool, buy one.

Contact A&A directly, have them verify your warranty and then have them send you all new heads.
Usually, they will charge you for the new heads up front and have you return the old heads. Once they receive the old heads, they will credit your credit card. If you install within a day or two of receiving them, the whole process will take under 10 days from first call to seeing the credit on your card.

Since you are in PHX, just return the old heads the cheapest way possible. The net cost involved in the entire transaction will be the return postage.

When removing the old heads, be sure the old o-ring is also removed.
When installing the new heads, be sure to lube the new o-rings.

Waiting on the tool now to test some of the heads, and will be looking in the unit that controls pop ups after. Cool man.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.