In-Ground PAL Lighting Compatibility with Hayward Niche

Aug 24, 2018
Buckeye, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a 10x30 in-ground play pool (Pebble finish) in the Phoenix, AZ area. We have been here 2 years and are the second owners, as the previous/original owners had the pool built.

The currently installed light is a Hayward Universal ColorLogic LED 12V light and Hayward niche (LFGUY1000). Last year, the light stopped working and we noticed there was water filling up inside the lens. We did all we could to try to figure out where the water was getting inside the light and sealed where we could, but the light is toast.

We want to replace with another 12V color-changing LED that won’t require a new niche. It looks like the PAL Lighting EvenGlow colored LED might work. I asked our local pool company if the PAL light would work with our current niche and they had no idea.

Anyone here knowledgeable about this kind of thing? I have scoured forums and websites for any information I could find on compatibility between the Hayward LFGUY1000 niche and PAL EvenGlow LED light to no avail. Thanks!

We have a 10x30 in-ground play pool (Pebble finish) in the Phoenix, AZ area. We have been here 2 years and are the second owners, as the previous/original owners had the pool built.

The currently installed light is a Hayward Universal ColorLogic LED 12V light and Hayward niche (LFGUY1000). Last year, the light stopped working and we noticed there was water filling up inside the lens. We did all we could to try to figure out where the water was getting inside the light and sealed where we could, but the light is toast.

We want to replace with another 12V color-changing LED that won’t require a new niche. It looks like the PAL Lighting EvenGlow colored LED might work. I asked our local pool company if the PAL light would work with our current niche and they had no idea.

Anyone here knowledgeable about this kind of thing? I have scoured forums and websites for any information I could find on compatibility between the Hayward LFGUY1000 niche and PAL EvenGlow LED light to no avail. Thanks!
LED-EvenGlow-Pool-Light-Color-Change---80-ft-cord
The problem is that the Hayward light "bayonets" into that niche and the Pal lights require a screw-hole and an area for the lower hook to grab that the niche doesn't provide.

LED-EvenGlow-Pool-Light-Color-Change---80-ft-cord
The problem is that the Hayward light "bayonets" into that niche and the Pal lights require a screw-hole and an area for the lower hook to grab that the niche doesn't provide.
Thank you for responding. So if I’m understanding correctly, we are going to need a new niche if we want to go with the PAL lighting?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.