In Floor Master Pools Cleaning System

drjimharrell

Bronze Supporter
Jan 31, 2023
Elkin, North Carolina
I purchased a house with an existing pool which seems in good shape except for the in-floor system.I would like to just remove the pump and pipes that go to it and be done with it. It appears it will be expensive to fix or repair it .Can I do that? It is a separate system with a pump of its own as far as I know!

Last edited:
Jim,

If your pool has wall returns (eyeballs) then there is no reason to keep the IFCS, unless you want it.

Seems to me that you should just be able to shut if off. Next time you re-plaster the pool, you could remove all the pop-up heads.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

If your pool has wall returns (eyeballs) then there is no reason to keep the IFCS, unless you want it.

Seems to me that you should just be able to shut if off. Next time you re-plaster the pool, you could remove all the pop-up heads.

Thanks,

Jim R.
What are wall returns? I think this system uses forced water out of the heads to blow the debris toward the drain which works from the other pump.

You can probably remove all of the gears from the distribution head and just plumb the floor returns as regular returns.

1675193070823.png

1675193059879.png
1675193149504.png

1675193177253.png

1675193200491.png

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.