Impeller screw coming off

bocman93

Mar 25, 2021
Charleston
Happy Father's Day!

One day my pool psi started jumping up and down so I started to looking what is the problem
After I checked all possible air leaks I use my endoscope camera to see what's going on inside the pump, so I found bolt stucked in the impeller, I took it and screwed it back, turned on the pump back and it worked well just couple minutes and then bubbles back again from return (but at least psi is stable now, not jump)
So, does it possible that this bolt should be tighten better and it cause bubbles? Or keep looking for another possible air leaks?

Pump is Pentair sf n1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-123820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-123820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1
I'd take the pump apart and inspect the impeller for damage since it sounds like the bolt was blocking things. That will also give you chance to make sure the shaft is ok and the impeller didn't melt around the shaft. At that point it's your decision but a rebuild kit (which includes a new shaft seal) might be a good idea as well. When the impeller isn't moving or shaft seal leaks you won't get any suction so there will be low flow/pressure.

If the impeller looks ok, spins properly with the motor shaft, and there's no leaking out of the bottom of the pump then it must be suction side leak... and for those I usually look for bubbles/air in the pump pot or pump needing to prime every startup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.