Impeller for Monarch/Questa Supa Jetflow pump

Jan 5, 2008
Geelong Australia
Hi there
I know this is a long shot but there are many folks here in Australia that use these forums so i thought posting a request here may be fruitful.
I have the above pump driven by a 1hp CMG motor. The pump hasn't been available for a few years but has worked perfectly for years. A couple of days ago I noticed the pump wasn't running (Im so used to the sound and the times it runs) so I went to investigate and the chlorinator light was on but the motor not running. I turned it off, unplugged it from the chlorinator and let it cool down, plugged it directly into the power point and then turned it on again to the sound of buzzing. Thinking it may have been the capacitor which I had spare I replaced it and had the same issue.
This morning I removed it from the pipework and pulled down the pump to find the impeller had come apart and jammed up the motor.
I've tried every avenue to get a replacement impeller (part number MK116415) with no luck so if anyone at all has a s/h Supa Jetflow pump gathering dust in their shed or a pump technician reading this has a either a new or s/h impeller they would like to sell I would be more than grateful.
Cheers
IMG_0866.jpgIMG_0867.jpgIMG_0865.jpgIMG_0863.jpgIMG_0864.jpg

Hi
Yes I knew about the union. I think I’ve overtightened it but it’s not leaking and not sucking air. I’ll replace it down the track. Thanks. I sent Direct Pool Supplies in NSW images and dimensions of the impeller. I’m not sure how much trouble they went to but they came back with a no. I did think about 3D printing but don’t know where to start with that avenue.
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesW
Ok replaced this weekend!
Cheers.
It may be time to just replace the pump. While they are plastic, the impellers on pumps are a very precision molded/assembled part. A 3-D printed one, while possible, would not likely be balanced enough to spin nearly 60 revs per second (if 50Hz power provides that) without shaking the entire thing to pieces.

Reactions: conmore

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It may be time to just replace the pump. While they are plastic, the impellers on pumps are a very precision molded/assembled part. A 3-D printed one, while possible, would not likely be balanced enough to spin nearly 60 revs per second (if 50Hz power provides that) without shaking the entire thing to pieces.
Hi there
Yes I agree the writing is on the wall but I’m no engineer but my impeller is not made of plastic it’s like a fibreglass kind of composition. Silver sparkly flecks come off it when you handle it. I have one more avenue to follow up then I’m done!
Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.