Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

If there are multiple suction ports, then there are usually some valves to control them but what I am talking about is a single 2-weay valve right before the pump after all suction ports are combined. This is so you can close it off, fill the pump basket, turn on the pump and then open the valve. That is the only way to prime a pump at a high elevation.

However, I would avoid a large elevation change if at all possible. You will be forever fighting air leaks.
I am going to keep the equipment by the pool inside the fence. I think it would be better for all the reasons already mentioned.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I am going to give you the advice I give everyone just to make sure it is out there:
-equipment pad-make it big so you don't have to play twister to work on it.
-GOOD valves and unions on everything
-a light by the equipment for a dark and stormy night
-overflow piping for big rains

I am so excited for you!

Kim:kim:

Longest week n half of my life right here waiting for my pool!
No doubt! I've been waiting for TFP to drop the latest season of this build thread for a while now! Can't wait for the premiere! The finale will really be where its at though!

So excited for you Casey!

--Jeff

• Love
Reactions: Casey
I am going to give you the advice I give everyone just to make sure it is out there:
-equipment pad-make it big so you don't have to play twister to work on it.
-GOOD valves and unions on everything
-a light by the equipment for a dark and stormy night
-overflow piping for big rains

I am so excited for you!

Kim:kim:
Kim and team, I have started using these Solar lights everywhere.. There are plenty bright enough.. They can be put anywhere and cost nothing in power as the solar charges them everyday... They have lasted over a year now.. I have had 1 out of 8 fail in 1.5 years.. I use them with 50% light until it sees motion then goes to 100% brightness.. works great :)

For $20 each I’d consider them disposable and be thrilled enough with one season. Anything more than that is just extra gravy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
10 dollars each, they come with a pair if you buy 1 set a day with the coupon (at least I think it resets after 24 hours, I have not tried it)... :)

I have 5 on my house and 1 on the generator and 1 on the pool equipment pad...

Reactions: Newdude
They do stay lit at 50% all night.. I think they last longer doing it that way anyways, the batteries are getting used every night and charged everyday.... After 2 or 3 years the batteries tend to get weak and start not working all night but by then they should have better ones that last longer :)

Reactions: Casey and kimkats
I wondered if you would make it working until the 25th!! BUT what will you do with your self during your off time????
I'm going to deep clean the house and wash my curtains n scrub walls down. A good Fall House Cleaning. It needs it. I'm also going to meal prep for the guys so they dont have to leave n can work on my pool. I have a turkey in my freezer n I'm pulling it out to thaw for Turkey sandwiches and rolls with lettuce, tomatoes n cheese, n mac salad, make a lasagna, some deer jerky. Gotta keep'em here to work them. :mrgreen: :whip:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.