I'm unhappy with Pureline Pure Color Light

Jul 27, 2018
Venice, FL
I had a Pentair incandescent white bulb and wanted some color.

So I bought a Pureline Pure Color LED PL5815 (12v 18w) from inyopool and really do not like the way it projects light.

As you can see and for all colors, the bulb emits bright spots from the bulb onto the pool floor.

It does this on all colors. Inyopool says this is normal.

I do want color in the pool but these spots just are annoying.

Is this common with all color LED lighting?

What replacement bulb looks better than this?

Thanks!

20181110_182354 - Copy.jpg

I think it looks good. I am not sure what you are seeing you do not like. Is it the fact the light does not go all the way to the other end of the pool? Did your old light reach the other end?

LED lights are bright.

Honestly, I think the dappled pattern being projected into the pool (as opposed to a nice uniform throw) might bother me too. Maybe it is normal with that particular light, but I personally have not seen that before. I'm assuming you've checked the lense, so I'm at a loss. Can you get a c/u picture of the light itself in the daylight?

I think it looks good. I am not sure what you are seeing you do not like.

I do not like the bright spots that the LEDs project on the bottom. It does this with all colors.

Is it the fact the light does not go all the way to the other end of the pool? Did your old light reach the other end?

Not at all. What I have found with color LED's, some colors travel further than others. For example, red only travels through half the pool, green about 3/4, and blue travels very good through water and all the way to the far end. My picture just happens to be green.

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.