I’m totally confused. Cloudy water and too much vocabulary

I'm familiar with the area around Moline, I went to Augustana and my grandparents had a farm near Lyndon IL. Where exactly are you? I'm glad to help find some stores closer to you that have muriatic acid and liquid chlorine. Menards usually has some of both at pretty good prices.

I'm familiar with the area around Moline, I went to Augustana and my grandparents had a farm near Lyndon IL. Where exactly are you? I'm glad to help find some stores closer to you that have muriatic acid and liquid chlorine. Menards usually has some of both at pretty good prices.
Plus at Menards you get to save big money by utilizing the 11% "rebate!"

To @Sewing I'll just say that I'm so glad that I found this site as I was trying to figure out how to open my pool this spring! (We bought the house in December so I had no experience.) I bought the Pro kit with the speed stir and am also very happy I did so. It made getting the pool up and running surprisingly easy with help from the folks here. I'm so glad that all I bought at the pool store before I got going here was some overpriced salt and only one box of "smart" shock!!

I can’t get Muriatic Acid without driving at least an hour each way and searching who knows where. I’ll see if I can find it more local. The store that had it last year didn’t have last time I checked.

I know you said you're rural, but a quick search in Moline, IL, there is a Menards. Menards will sell everything you need for your pool. If you're fully rural, check your co-ops or feed stores around you. Muriatic Acid is mostly sold as "Concrete Etcher". The bigger stores (Lowes, Home Depot) always have it, but will have it in different locations.. sometimes outside in lawn and garden or pool supplies, sometimes in paint. My store it's in paint. 2 bottles would last you a year at least. I have the same size pool and I've had the same bottle for over a year. Regardless, I know Menards sells it. In fact: Sunnyside® Muriatic Acid - 1 gal. (ANd best price I've seen. I think the stuff I get at Lowe's is like $14 or $15 a gallon)
Even better, while there, pick up a couple cases of 12.5% sodium hypochlorite, best price I've seen: Pro-Clor Liquid Pool Shock - 1 Gallon

Hardware stores normally have it or can get it. It stores well and will easily last for several seasons but you’ll use it quicker then that.

Hi, everyone. Thank you for all your advice. I finally got my kit. Not understanding everything yet but gaining. Finally we got rain, which we desperately needed. So between dust from the dry weather then the rain, there is dust in my now green pool. So I’m on to SLAMMING it. Found the muriatic acid, 31%, and I’m wondering if I can use it in the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.