I’m SLAMMING question

moreira85

Nov 8, 2015
Boston, MA
almost 24 hours into slamming I lost about 6ppm overnight. Water is nice and clear but I’m still trying to hold FC at 28. I will test tonight and then The morning and see how the overnight FC looks. Question, I was testing the FC every couple hours and adding chlorine but if I keep up this frequent testing I am going to run out of the R0871! Any suggestions??

I've seen it recommended to use a 5ml sample and count each drop of 0871 as 1ppm when measuring such high levels often. Higher error margin but good enough, i would think.

Reactions: Msch99
I used the 5 ml vial so 1 drop is 1 ppm. Last night FC 28, this morning 28! Water crystal clear! However I can’t tell on the CC.? Because 1 drop is 1 ppm my CC level was one drop which is 1. I guess that’s the downfall of using 5ml vs 10ml because I can’t tell if that CC level is .5 or 1?
FYI I am now out of r0871 so I can’t retest until my new one comes in.

While using a 5ml sample does help conserve reagents at higher FC levels, you need to use a 10ml sample when doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. 5ml just isn't accurate enough for the OCLT. Suggest you do another OCLT after receiving your replacement reagents and use the 10ml sample size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.