I'm confused

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
I have had my pool up since June 30th and have lurked around tfp and posted but now I'm confused at the testing phase.

I cannot afford that tf100 kit so I have the cheap one with red and yellow drops. I know how to use it and my local Pinch A Penny has the fancy computerized test thingamajig and I've been keeping chlorine and ph regulated. I'm taking a sample to them tomorrow as it tests everything y'all talk about. My question is, will this suffice? My test kit, theirs, and I always float a pick in the water.

I have a big sucker but I'm not pleased with it as it doesn't get the sand up and it changes water chemistry as it uses a garden hose. Looking for vacuum this week, as i don't believe the hoses will fit to my input to run a Polaris type. Will it? 1500 gph Can I use a regular vacuum with a hose hooked to my input?

Prism Frame intex 16x48
9b6955c50eb36b4e34601b74d3e12efe.jpg

Christi

If you get the CYA level between 40 and 50(and keep it there), and keep the chlorine level above minimum safe level, then it is possible that this method will work. I used a similar method when I first found this forum and had limited success. If you start running into problems like algae, cloudy water, staining, etc, it can be difficult to accurately diagnose the problem and then to test accurately while treating it. It would be difficult to conduct a SLAM or OCLT without your own kit. I have learned that my pool store tests have been wildly inaccurate, so I wouldn't do it.

Wouldn't even bother with the pool store testing. It's like going to the tire shop with a flat tire and they tell you a different one is flat

Use the seasonal pool guide, this is one instance that the tf 50 kit will fit well but you need to get it before problems as it has 3 cya tests and plenty of fas-dpd if you don't have problems. It will run $55 shipped.

People who install a pool and don't get a good test kit is like someone who buys a Ferrari and then says they don't have ? for premium gas. You'll come out ahead in the long run by getting the right test kit vs some cheap kit and end up throwing chemicals in the pool to correct problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.