I'm back...

UncleVanya

Jun 15, 2019
Charlotte, NC
I joined a long time ago and learned what I needed and eventually lost my old account status. I rejoined a year ago but didn't post. Now with a dearth of liquid chlorine I thought I'd check in to see how folks are managing.

I was able to get liquid 10% for a while from Ollie's and opened early while demand was weaker. I got past the slam stage and got the water clear before the bleach train rain out.

Now I'm using a combination of calhypo powder and skimmer pucks. The pucks are a mixed bag due to the amount of debris from cottonwood trees I'm having to deal with. I've got some trichlor pucks and a floating feeder but I've alreaded tweaked cya up around 50-60.

Thinking of pushing cya up a bit more to 80 but not sure if I'm going do it. Not asking for advice here just introducing the situation I'm in.

One last thing, the pool is at my father in laws house (same neighborhood 1.5 miles as the car goes) and my mentally disabled brother in law was the bleachman pouring in as instructed mostly but sometimes going off script.