I'm back . .this time with a test kit!

I did almost every hour for the first day of mine.. When I had to go to work, I cranked it up to silly high so that it would stay high until I got home. The scrubbed, tested and repeat every hour until bed.

Luckily only took me about me 3 days of running that cycle then we just let the chlorine fall the following days to normal levels.

Have not had a problem since.. Except for the leaves lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized I wasn't checking it enough. I've been checking it every hour today. I have the FC up to 14 as of right now. It's greenish cloudy today and I'm so frustrated. I just need to check it more frequently than I was. I ran out of bleach so I'm heading to the city to get some more.
Thanks for your tips, keep them coming!

Dont! :) it will get better I promise... Some take a few days like me and others longer..

You can do It :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Remember that since your filter is small, you will need to clean it more often. Just something I noticed. I would recommend an upgrade to a larger filter. I love my sand filter as I hardly ever have to do anything to it. Good Luck.

It could be worse.... You could have what I started with :D

I believe that discoloring/cloudy is a sign you are killing stuff. It is the filter/cartridge that will take the beating. Like previous poster said.. The sand filter will work better. I put one on mine :)

You definitely need to find a way to vacuum the dead algae off the bottom of the pool onto waste. A vacuum that has an internal filter can be found online, but you need to clean the dead junk off the bottom of the pool including any other stuff that could be causing this. Patience and time is the key here and keeping it at the high level of FC is the key. Filtering time is your biggest challenge due to the size of your filter. It can be done, but it will just take time. Remember to clean your intex cartridge filter often.

PH is way too high. You need to get it down to 7.2. Acid needs to be applied to get that down. Keep up the routine as the link here in Pool School is the key.

I too had a link on here showing my green pool and how I get it to where it is at.

pool-opening-ice-algae-issues-this-year-opinions-please-t58943.html

I hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.