I'm a newbie...

Aug 1, 2018
Martinsville
Hello everyone, hoping to find some support here as our pool installer installed our pool and then skipped on us! I'm Lena, from southern Ohio, and we installed a 24 foot round semi-inground Optimum pool with an ionization system last September. Only had it in for just a few weeks of swimming but that was okay - we purposely did that to have it up and ready for the swimming season this year. Only problem was our spring was horrible and we are just now getting to enjoy the pool!

I have ordered a test kit, as I see how important that is. We have one that came with our pool but it only measures Ph and Chlorine/Bromate levels. Up to this point, our water is clear, except for some lingering dirt on the bottom of the pool (thanks to the horrible job they did of closing it and the lousy pool cover they supplied). Our water is clear, but I CANNOT get the Ph levels down. I'll be glad to get the more complete test kit and see where I'm going wrong. I'll post that question to another thread when I can give you all some accurate readings...for now it probably would be pointless.

Anyhoo, glad to be here, and glad there is so much info. To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement...

Hi there Lena, glad to have ya here at TFP :handwave: and I'm sure you'll get your pool fixed up once you have a better grasp of what's going on in the water.

Go ahead and make up a "signature" line which you'll find under "Settings". Tell us all about the pool, its equipment, how you chlorinate and your test kit. This will save folks from asking time and again. Thanks :)

Maddie :flower: