IG Newbie - Could use some help with cleaning pool coping!

Hi all,
I'm a newbie based in Rockland County, NY just above NYC. We bought a house about three years ago with an lovely old-fashioned concrete pool that is sturdy like a battleship but looked like a swamp. $50K later - yes seriously - it was fully renovated (summer 2018) and beautiful. As it should be for that kind of money!

The coping is gray travertine with a gray paver surround. The travertine looks like it was soiled by the pool cover (really just a tarp weighed down with those water weights).

The water is in the pool but the coping needs a good scrub. How do we do that and not mess up the pool water? I already tried powerwashing with plain water but saw no difference.

Any thought or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks!
LeicaNYC

Hi all,
I'm a newbie based in Rockland County, NY just above NYC. We bought a house about three years ago with an lovely old-fashioned concrete pool that is sturdy like a battleship but looked like a swamp. $50K later - yes seriously - it was fully renovated (summer 2018) and beautiful. As it should be for that kind of money!

The coping is gray travertine with a gray paver surround. The travertine looks like it was soiled by the pool cover (really just a tarp weighed down with those water weights).

The water is in the pool but the coping needs a good scrub. How do we do that and not mess up the pool water? I already tried powerwashing with plain water but saw no difference.

Any thought or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks!
LeicaNYC