Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
When I turn on my pool lights the GFCI outlet immediately trips. I can turn them off and reset the outlet, but they always trip the outlet when turned on. I recently replaced that outlet because the old one and its enclosure were getting worn out. The outlet works fine with other items that are plugged in directly. Any thoughts on what I should check? Thanks!

s,

Most pool lights are held in by one screw at the top of a ring... Take out the screw and the ring comes off and the sealed light assembly will float right out. There should be enough cable so that you can just set the assembly on the deck to work on it.

You will need to replace the gasket and maybe the bulb, after you open the sealed assembly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Okay, I pulled both lights. One was dry, but the other had water in it. It looked like part of the board in it had burnt up. I disconnected it from the junction box at the equipment pad and the other light worked properly.

Since the board looks fried and it still did not come on after getting the water out I would guess it needs to be replaced. Based on the tag it was installed in 2005.

Can anyone help ID what model these are? I could not find a model number. Once that is ID'd, should I replace with a like model if still sold or should I get something different? Thx!

20180624_200116.jpg

20180624_200129.jpg

20180624_200138.jpg

20180624_200145.jpg

20180624_200155.jpg

s,

Well I'm no help with this one, but I "assume" that whole assembly screws into the base just like a light bulb... New units change colors inside the bulb and no longer rotate a color wheel..

Let's see if one of our other members have some better comments..

No matter what, please keep us up to date, as it will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

I did a little more looking and it appears that this just proves the rule about "Assuming"...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks like it is a Pentair Spectrum Amerilite (SAm) model 600017 and is indeed discontinued.

The new LED "comparable" light seems to be the Pentair 601002. I would guess that I should replace both so they look the same. Not a cheap route with each one being around $600 :|

With needing to invest $1200, are there other lights I should look at aside from Pentair or other Pentair models?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.