If you have a Pentair heater that is not working, try this...

Nov 7, 2012
I just thought I would post this because I was able to easily fix a problem with our Pentair 250 heater. I went to turn it on, and I heard it start, heard and smelled the natural gas going in, and heard the click of the igniter, but then it would shut off. It is about 6 years old. Our pool builder had me check to see if the thermal regulator was bad, which he said is the cause most of the time for this type of issue. It was really easy--all I had to do was take a screwdriver and use it for leverage and untwist this black plug on a pipe coming out of the heater. (Found an internet video) The thermal regulator looks like a big spring. Sure enough, instead of being a pretty copper color in the middle, it was black and turquoise and thus corroded. Put in a new one and all is well. Although I had to pay for the part, it saved me the cost of a service call and labor. SO HAPPY!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.