If you did not go with Globrites what did you do instead?

ckinchen

Mar 1, 2019
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
HI! Trying to figure out if I should save some money on the lights. I know the globrites seem to only last about 3 years from what I have read here. I am curious for builds in the last few years what people did instead? I would love to save money and not upgrade the lights as I was just given an extra $2500 expense. The standard pool lights that are free are 400W 10" lights. I think those would be dated, the big lights like when I was young? But I don't know. So curious what others put instead of globrites and how did it look? Did you add color bulbs? Any pics?

Thanks!

Microbrites would be your go to. They don’t require a niche unlike the intellibrite. CMP makes pentair (or any series) lights that are also nicheless, and they seem to be a bit cheaper online. No idea on quality. My builder apparently likes paraglow? But I know nothing about them.

CMP lights also apparently can be replaced within the niche, not requiring you to pull the wire all the way out from the controller. Seems like a big plus to me, but maybe someone with experience knows more about it.

Last edited:
I went with Microbrites. I like the 1.5" fitting, and they are plenty bright for my 30' long pool.

These pics are from the pool under construction, so dont mind the mess or debris, but you can see the lights.

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

Reactions: ckinchen
I went with Micro Brites. I liked the idea of not having a proprietary niche. If they fail they jusy use a standard 1.5' fitting. I can swap with many other brands in the future. I have 3 in a 34' long pool and they are fine.

I’m building a 30x15 pool with 3 Microbrites. Same reason as everybody else: standard 1.5” fittings. You can replace them with something else in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.