If its not one thing its another. Sand coming out of filter

Quick question...my pool has been covered most the day. Would that count has no direct sunlight for ofclt? I'm gonna go ahead and do one. I'm pretty positive all I have left is sand from filter and dust from my dirt road. Which I'm gonna work on tomorrow but ive gone through 13 gallons of bleach and running my pump 24/7 in 3 weeks and if like to be able to bump that down

You can swim at shock level and below as long as the water is clear enough to see your feet standing in the pool. The calcium bumps may be a little abrasive but you can still use the pool.

I bought my pool sand from Leslie's last year (when I converted from Bacquacil to Chlorine, thanks to the encouragement here). I faced the same problem. Some sand on the floor. I suspect some fine sand will be present in any new sand we put in the filter. Simple vacuuming did not solve my problem. It came coming back. I vaccumed-to-waste (filter setting on waste as I vaccumed quickly enough so that I dont lose a lot of water). And I never saw the sand again that season.
This season, I had a problem with high-TA. So I installed a cheap sprinkler at the return to aerate. I saw quite a bit of sand again in the bottom. I suspect the increased water pressure pulled some more fine sand that was otherwise locked in. I vacuumed it to waste - and have not seen it again for last 4-5 days. (pump runs 10 hours every day).

Your problem may be similar. Some fine sand that you can hopefully vacuum-to-waste. If more keeps coming in, then you should suspect something more serious - like cracked laterals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.