Ideal Variable Speed Pump Settings - need help please

rabin

Dec 16, 2019
Boca Raton Florida
Hi All,

I feel like between the pool builders and their recommended "pool guy" all they were interested in was collecting the cash but not setting things up.

We live in South Florida and our pool is 14k gallons which includes a spa. We have a Jandy TruClear SG, a Jandy VS FloPro 230v 1.65HP variable speed pump and everything is controlled through the iAqualink.

The SWG is currently set at 40% which seems to be producing the right amount of chlorine for the pool.

The run times are M-F 11:00am - 4:00pm and Weekend 6:00am - 6:00pm.

When I look at the speeds the pump is set at I have the following:
Pool - 3450
Pool Heat - 3450
Spa - 3450
Spa Heat - 3450
Speed 3 - 2750
Speed 4 - 2750
Speed 7 - 2750
In Floor - 2750

I think 3450 is the max speed.

I feel like nothing was setup correctly and we're really not using the variable speed pump the way it should be used.

What would the ideal and recommended run times be for our pool and what should the variable speeds be set at?

Thanks everyone

R,

For reference, I run my pool at 1200 RPM, most of the time.. and it works just fine and costs me about $20 bucks a month and I run it 24/7...

There is no reason to run your pump at full speed.

Because you have a heater and an in-floor system, you will most likely have to run faster than 1200, but it should not be any where near full speed.

No one here can tell you what speed to run.. you will just have to experiment and see... Turn the speed down and see when your SWCG shows a no flow light, and then add about 100 RPM and call that your lowest speed.. Then do the same with the heater and see what speed your heater needs to operate, add 100 RPM and that would be you heater speed. See how you spa works at various speeds and pick the best one for you. ETC..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.