Ideal pump speed

Winterhater

Silver Supporter
Mar 27, 2022
Minnesota
I have a 3HP pentaire variable speed pump intelliflo. My pool is chlorine and 37,000 gallons. What would be a good speed for my pump. The person that opened my pool has it set at 3400. I just recently realized that is probably way to high and I am not looking forward to my energy bill. Could someone tell me what a good RPM would be?

You are correct. No need to run the motor that high. For just everyday water skimming, an rpm of about 1,400 should be plenty. Maybe kick it up a bit once or twice a day just to purge any air out of the pump pot or when you add chemicals. Other than that, low is fine.

You are correct. No need to run the motor that high. For just everyday water skimming, an rpm of about 1,400 should be plenty. Maybe kick it up a bit once or twice a day just to purge any air out of the pump pot or when you add chemicals. Other than that, low is fine.
Thanks so much. I assume if I am running the slide or vacuuming, running the heater I would need to turn it up higher?

I assume if I am running the slide or vacuuming, running the heater I would need to turn it up higher?
Absolutely. For some of those you may have to experiment a bit or check the owner's manual, but that's right. :goodjob:

Reactions: Winterhater
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.