Ideal chlorine values....I’m confused

Tinythemule

Jun 28, 2020
Tulsa Ok
Sorry....just got my test kit a couple weeks ago and have done the quick due test that keeps showing the middle yellow 2ppm total chlorine in recommended range. I’m getting 2.5 with the drop test. But the guide and results are saying I’m way low....supposed to be over 5ppm and I need to shock again.

why does one test say 2ppm is ideal and the laminated sheet and test summary say I should be over 5ppm?

I don’t get this. I tried searching and couldn’t find this. Sorry if I’m rehashing an old subject. Help me understand.
Thanks

I’m in Tulsa. But graduated Klein High. Go Bearkats! Sorry....saw you’re from the Woodlands. Anyway, I filled out my signature so hopefully the info shows now. I filled it out in another area but guess that wasn’t visible.

I have the TF 100 and it came with the Taylor 3 way....chlorine and ph. The middle value shows 2 and that’s why I assumed 2 was ideal. In looking at the Taylor card, it shows 2-4 as ideal.

my cya last week was 80 but that was first time testing so I might have messed it up. Today it was 55. So that says 4 is where I should be. But that still seems low based on the recommendations the app is telling me when I enter my logs.

thanks for all the help with this. Pool is clear, feels great and I’ve got the temp down to 82 right now thanks to a break in weather and some recent rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.