IChlor 15 power center

scubadon

Mar 15, 2019
dominica
Good day swimmers,

I have a friend down here in the Commonwealth of Dominica (making it hard to get pool parts etc). She has a 6000 G fiberglass pool that ran a European version Ichlor 15 (No digital display) that ran off a power center with input of 220VAC and output of 28 VAC to power the cell. The cell recently stopped working and while she was in Florida she bought a DIGITAL VERSION ICHLOR 15 replacement cell But not the matching power center (these newer cells run off 28 VDC)

I was able to find a power source rated for input of 220 VAC with an output of 28 VDC to install into the old power center housing. My question is this. The new cell power cord plug has 4 pins and the old style had 2 pins. I'm thinking, of the 4 pins, would 2 be for power to the cell and the other 2 pins be for communication to other potential equipment?

Thanks in advance :)

S,

My EasyTouch supplies 35 to 40 VDC to the my IC40... I am not sure it would run off of 28 VDC or not.. I have no idea what voltage the IC15 requires.

But you are correct, there are 4 wires going to the Cell.. Two larger ones for the DC power and two smaller ones for the RS-485 communications.

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

My EasyTouch supplies 35 to 40 VDC to the my IC40... I am not sure it would run off of 28 VDC or not.. I have no idea what voltage the IC15 requires.

But you are correct, there are 4 wires going to the Cell.. Two larger ones for the DC power and two smaller ones for the RS-485 communications.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim,

If I recall from the specs the iChlor15 runs off 25 to 39 VDC. Hope my power supply will work without involving the 3rd and 4th pin, as it was $35 opposed to a power center for $500. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.