IC60 Thermistor

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
For the first time this season, the cold water LED on my IC60 is showing red and all the other lights are off. My water temp as reported on Screen Logic is 58 degrees. Salt level reported by Screen Logic is zero. My question is, when the IC60 powers up will the IC60 stop due to what it thinks is cold water and halt any further checks?

Also, I bought the ET temp sensor thermistor and will replace the IC60 built in one hoping that the ET sensor is more accurate and might let the IC60 work at a little lower actual water temp.

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:
The IC uses the thermistor in the flow switch to determine cold water. If it senses that, all other functions cease.

Update: Cold water stop again this morning. ET water temp is 57 degrees. Changed the IC thermistor to use an ET regular water/air 10K NTC mounted into my plumbing about 2" in front of the IC water input port. Fired it up and now NOT getting a cold water stop. Works as usual. When I had the IC unistalled and on my bench I measured the IC thermistor at 13.8K (room temp 59 degrees) and the ET thermistor at 12.2K.

So it appears that the IC thermistor (3 wire flow switch installed last Sept) was reading a low enough temp to cause a cold water shutoff, but the ET thermistor was more accurate at reading the water temp and not causing a cold water shutoff yet.

I know that when my pool gets closer to 52 degrees I will get a normal cold water shutoff, but I did buy myself some time before having to manually chlorinate.

I also expect that the ET thermistor to stay accurate and last longer that the IC crappo thermister.

Gary

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.