IC40 Sensor Issues & Acid Washing

NYAVGUY

Jul 14, 2014
New York
I have an IC40 that I put in summer of 2017 and have used it seasonally since (about 5-months a year). I replaced the flow/temp sensor once under warranty (thanks Pentair) and it is now acting up again. Over the weekend when it was hot out the flow sensor stopped working (resumed in the evening). I had this intermittent issue last year that was resolved by re-seating the connectors. This time I decided to remove the connectors they provided and just twist the wires together with wire nuts. It was a little tricky getting the cover back on but I got it. If this works out I will get proper connectors with the gel stuff inside. Turned on my heater and so far so good...

PXL_20210525_183925971.jpg

I keep my water well balanced and only Acid washed my IC40 for the first time after three seasons of use. I now have two seasons since the last acid wash and have more scale than I had from the first three. Is this worth Acid Washing?

PXL_20210518_183745660.jpg PXL_20210518_183708671.jpg

It really is better to run your CSI between -0.30 and 0 than to do an acid wash.. Every acid wash takes life off your cell that could be used to supply chlorine.. With a vinyl pool no reason not to run CSI low and save your cell :) I have never acid washed mine in 7 years..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.