danielsonway

Aug 15, 2022
Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My IC40 has not been in use since I bought the house a couple of years ago. Yesterday I did take it out and cleaned it with muriatic acid. I am running it now to see if it shows any increase in chlorine level. In the meantime I have several simple (and likely ignorant, my apologies) questions:

1. When I turn the valve on in the pipe that goes to the SWG, I see a spray turns on into the pool. What is that for? See attached photos.
2. After cleaning, IC40 still shows "Inspect Cell". Does that mean anything other than clean the cell?
3. If in fact I do need to replace it with a new one, what model do you recommend?

Thank you all.
Onder

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 7
Onder,

If the inspect cell light is flashing, and the cell is clean, then the cell is bad (used up)...

I'd replace it with another IC40... All you need is the cell, as you already have the Power Center.

That sprayer really has nothing to do with the salt cell...

Can you show us a pic of the plumbing from the other side of the cell???

Take a pic of the underside of the cell.. There is a S/N and date of mfg.. Most cells last 5 to 7 years.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

I saw the serial number and not the manufacturing date on the back side.
When I press on More, only the 20% light turns on. This is supposed to mean it has been used for 2000 hrs, correct? There are two red lights come on as well. Attaching both pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.