IC40 Operation

itsnadu

May 27, 2021
Bella Vista, AR
Moved from here.
Z,

Like about 70% of all "reported" cell failures, the cell is fine and it is just a lack of understanding how a salt system really works. :scratch:

Your pool guys have no clue what they are doing, when it comes to troubleshooting a salt system.. I suggest that you dump them and let us help you get your pool up and running.

If you set your output percentage to 50%, the cell light will be on for about 2.5 minutes and off for about 2.5 minutes.

If the cell light is on, then the cell is generating chlorine. But.. once you have algae, the cell cannot make chlorine faster than the algae can grow.. So you need to kill all the algae first. We can show you how to do that..

Tell us what size your pool is in gallons, and how long you normally run the pump each day.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim R & mknauss - thank you both for your clear & correct guidance on the matter!! You folks were both exactly right. Was experiencing the exact issue Z posted on this original thread and i'm glad i chanced upon this thread! Have attached a file with a snippet of pg8 from the IC40 user manual that clarifies the whole matter. Highlighted row for 40% setting which was Z's original setting I think? So basically @40% setting the cell status LED will come ON for 106secs every 300secs (5mins). Works out to "cell is making chlorine around 35% of the time every 5mins". While not exactly 120secs or 40% every 5mins, your input and direction to reading the manual helped clarify the issue for me completely! Thanks again Jim R & mknauss. And Z i trust your issue is likewise also understood &pentair chlorinator IC40 user manual pg8 - cell% setting explained 052721.png resolved by now! - R

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim R & mknauss - thank you both for your clear & correct guidance on the matter!! You folks were both exactly right. Was experiencing the exact issue Z posted on this original thread and i'm glad i chanced upon this thread! Have attached a file with a snippet of pg8 from the IC40 user manual that clarifies the whole matter. Highlighted row for 40% setting which was Z's original setting I think? So basically @40% setting the cell status LED will come ON for 106secs every 300secs (5mins). Works out to "cell is making chlorine around 35% of the time every 5mins". While not exactly 120secs or 40% every 5mins, your input and direction to reading the manual helped clarify the issue for me completely! Thanks again Jim R & mknauss. And Z i trust your issue is likewise also understood &View attachment 338392 resolved by now! - R
oops hit reply too soon :) ... i physically stood over my IC40 unit just minutes ago and timed the cell status LED on/off at various % settings using the stopwatch on my cellphone and it all works exactly as described in the pentair ic40 user manual!! 😁👍. Yes its been a slow news day for me today. - R

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.