IC40 issues

I suspect that you're waiting too long.

Once the lights scroll, a percentage light should light up right away as soon as the scrolling stops.

Within about 2 seconds, the cell will go back to regular mode unless you press and release the More button before the cell goes back to normal mode.

In any case, you need 3 verifiable independent tests that you can use to show that the cell is not accurate.

Take a sample to the builder, a sample to an independent pool store and use your K-1766 as the third.

As long as the 3 independent tests are more than 600 ppm off of the cell reading, you have a good case for warranty.

You can file a warranty claim directly with your builder or with Pentair.

Make sure that your equipment is registered with Pentair so that they can process the warranty claim.

They may or may not cover the labor part of the warranty claim at their discretion.

You can ask Pentair to send you a new flow switch for you to install if you want to save the labor.

However, that might not be the problem.

Get the other confirming salinity tests and we can go from there.

Try putting the Easytouch in service mode, turn on the pump, press the pump button to power the cell, and push the Less button to make the percentage lights go out.

Then, try the procedure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Steve,

I don't plan to disconnect mine to check, but often the ground pin on a connector will be longer to ensure it mates up before any of the power pins.

I doubt the pin came loose..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.