DG64

Apr 29, 2022
Weatherford, Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The SWG is working. All lights are indicating it is producing chlorine. If I pull up the Intellichlor on ScreenLogic it reads 0. If I change it, it will revert back to zero in a few seconds. On the EasyTouch I can adjust the level (i.e. 30% to 50% etc) but the IC40 does not change. I can only manage it on the SWG itself. Interesting, if I reset the whole system, then run the diag on the intellichlor from the ET panel, it shows Comm OK 0 errors. For a few mintues. Then back to Comm Link Error. The VSF pump is reading Display Not Active so I know the comm port is working. Everything else works fine and I can adjust via ScreenLogic or on the ET panel. Except this IC40. It is 4 years old.
I called Pentair who told me to replace the sensor. I did that with no change. I have looked for the Surge Board as I've seen mentioned on here before but I don't seem to have one. The only board is the main board. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
Thanks.

DG,

You have to have a surge card to generate the DC voltage that the cell uses.

I suspect that you have an external Power Center and the idiot that installed it, never tied the Power Center's com port into the EasyTouch's com port.

Show us some pics.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks. I beleive you are correct. The ET comm port only has the pump and the ScreenLogic antenna connected to it.
And I still can't find the surge card. Maybe it's behind something?
I can hook wires into the ET comm port but where do I connect them to the SWG power center?

Edit: I tried to upload pics but this web site keeps telling me "The uploaded file was not an image as expected." I tried various different types, JPG JPEG, PNG, GIF, JPE, etc.

DG,

Take a few pics that are not Hi-Def. Not sure of the size allowed, but it is pretty big, so your pics must be huge.

Can also just download an image sizing app.

If your EasyTouch came with a built in SWCG power center, it will have an "IntelliChlor" Circuit breaker in the upper right of the panel.

If no circuit breaker, you need to be looking for a small external box with the salt cell plugged into the bottom of it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes sir that was it. Found the box, no comm wires. Powered everything down, ran 4 wires from the RGYB terminal to the RGYB comm port terminal of the ET, along with the pump and ScreenLogic (tight fit getting all those ends into the terminal). Buttoned it all up and works like a charm. Thanks for the help! I would have never thought it was never connected at all.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
D,

You should now be able change the SWCG's output from the EasyTouch or ScreenLogic. ScreenLogic should also report your salt level, but I would not take the reported salt level for a "fact" without double checking with a salt test kit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. It'showing 3050 ppm with 73% pool and 0 for spa. Actual readings from 2 days ago showed salt at 3000 ppm and chlorine at 3.0. So it might be close. I'll let it run awhile and see if screenlogic changes.
Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.