IC20 Red power and flow light

KT300

Jul 15, 2020
Sacramento, CA
I think my IC20 might be dying. The power and flow light are both red. The inside panel shows salt level as zero and says check flow/PCB. When I hold down the more button, it shows life at 60%. If have strong flow at the returns and I see stone flow through the check valve.
I installed the cell on February 2005. Is it worth replacing the flow switch or should I replace the cell? Thanks

15 years is an outstanding life span for a cell.

Chances the cell is gone but I would cut the flow switch red and black wires and tie them tother and see if the cell comes alive.

You have the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test to test actual salt level?

What does the K-1766 test your salt level at?

I ordered a new IC40 cell from PolyTec Pools to replace my failing cell. I had solar installed and the rise in pressure highlighted a leak in the filter. When I replaced the cord ring, the SWG started working again. Could this just be a coincidence?

Last edited:
I don't know what the cord ring is that you replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry, the o-ring in the middle of the top and bottom half of the filter.

That should have no effect on the IC20 unless some wire was loose and you jiggled it while working in the area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.