IC20 low salt/high temp?

CraigW

Jul 27, 2018
Riva, MD
I noticed the salt level my chlorine generator is reporting this year has been lower that what I measure with my Taylor test kit (I see 3400 vs 2900 reported by the chlorine generator). The pool temp has been pretty chilly, I think yesterday the chlorine generator was reporting 71 deg. Note all the readings from the IC20 are via the Inteliconnect app. Today I looked at the app and it's reporting 84 deg temp, and only 2500 ppm salt, and no chlorine being generated. I find it hard to believe the pool jumped 13 deg in one day (yes, it was sunny and 80 yesterday, but...) and the chlorine dropped by that much. Reading on here it seems like it might be the flow switch/temp thermister, which also seems like an easy replacement? I haven't been able to check a water temp or anything manually yet, but the low salt reading compared to my test kit last week and the big jump in temp seems suspect to me?

I'll check that thread, thanks! Though the temp IS what is being used, I have no other sensors. This is a simple setup with an inteliconnect, that's the reading being reported by the SWCG on the SWCG page of the app.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.