Agoura Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have the Aquapure SWG with the smaller power center (model 6612f), which I believe accommodates 4 relays. My pool is currently controlled by an old x10. Pics attached.

I am trying to figure out what size (rs4/6/8) I need and if I have to get a larger Jandy box to make my system all work.

Components are:
1) Pentair heater (ideally would like to add bypass)
2) Aquapure SWG (I’d like the system to adjust chlorine depending on spa or pool mode)
3) Jandy VSP filter pump
4) Sweep pump
5) Spa pump
6) pool and spa light (wouldn’t be end of world to control this separately via smart switch)
7) spa blower (not sure this is high priority)

The system already has 2 actuators for the spa mode.

Any way to make this work with the existing boxes? And do I need RS8?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 41871F63-2020-4D0D-81AA-27B6AB9420DE.jpeg
    41871F63-2020-4D0D-81AA-27B6AB9420DE.jpeg
    650.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 9
What does the X10 control?

What controls your spa actuators now?

You need at least an RS6 and an RS8 would give you some extra AUX buttons and relays.

You have five high voltage devices that need AUX relays:

3) Jandy VSP filter pump
4) Sweep pump
5) Spa pump
6) pool and spa light (wouldn’t be end of world to control this separately via smart switch)
7) spa blower (not sure this is high priority)

I don’t really know how to program the X10, but the previous homeowner had one button that turns on the heater and triggers the actuators to spa mode. The second button turns on the spa jets and the third turns on the blower.

I’ve been reading these posts from JonoVegas about how he pretty easily just used smart switches and controls everything through Alexa. Seems like a very inexpensive way to do all this, just not sure I would know how to hook up all the wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.