Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just wanted to try and share some useful information for anyone having connection problems with their iAquaLink app on their phone, especially when using the Web button interface (on the top right), or even using the Zodiac website itself. (https://iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com).

Couple of problems I noticed...

Problem #1
Getting the dreaded intermittent and random "Waiting for connection..." screen on the either the app's Web button interface or the Zodiac website itself, and also the RED dot on the App instead of the Green dot.

Summary and Resolution
At first I really thought this was related to my totally crappy internet at my house and that's exactly what iAquaLink support blamed continually when I would call their support line. My internet at my house is awful, about 8Mb download and <1Mb upload. I live in an area that has no real ISP, so I just thought the issue was poor internet bandwidth as support said. I had previous checked and the wi-fi signal from the iAquaLink was always "fair" or "good" according to the nearest access point it was connected to, so I didn't think the wi-fi signal was the issue, but.... on a whim, I added another access point that is closer to the iAquaLink outside (and making sure the 2.4Ghz radio was left enabled on it even though I primarily use 5Ghz for everything else). After adding this new, closer, access point, the iAquaLink just never gets stuck anymore at the intermittent and random "Waiting for connection..." screen. So if you have this problem, make sure your iAquaLink is close to an access point to get the best signal possible! (or check other wi-fi interference you might be getting on the 2.4Ghz frequency).

Problem #2
Sometimes when making a change to my Schedule in the iAquaLink Web interface (from the app itself or from Zodiac website itself), I would occasionally edit a Schedule and change the date/time for that particular item, and forget to click on the SAVE button before backing out of the app. This always results in the inability to get back into the Web portion of the app (or Zodiac website itself) because as soon as I click on Web, I'd get a "Waiting for connection..." screen for about 2 seconds before a white pop up box would appear that said, "Program changes must be saved before exiting this screen."

Summary and Resolution
No matter how long I waited, even HOURS, I could -never- get back into the Schedule to save the changes it's talking about me needing to save, you just get "stuck" int his endless loop. I found that rather than powering off/on the iAquaLink, all I have to do is momentarily break the internet connection it has back to Zodiac. I do this by just restarting my access points (I don't have to restart my internet router, just the access points themselves so the iAquaLink loses connection briefly to the internet) and as soon as the access points come back online after a reboot, the iAquaLink re-establishes itself with the Zodiac servers, and I can finally back BACK into my Schedule to SAVE the previous edits (any changes you made will be lost, btw) without getting that darn "Program changes must be saved before exiting this screen" message again and again.

These two issues plagued me for months before I finally figured out how to solve them so I wanted to share in case anyone ever Google's this and goes through the same thing... HTH.

(1st post here!)

PS -- I'm dreading my second post, which is going to be begging for some much needed help with my crazy pool. I am finding out how little I know about pools, and jumping into a pool at my new home that is 32,000 gallons, with 6 different pumps, and tons of water features, etc. has been basically nothing short of a nightmare and I'm so disheartened with all the stuff going wrong and the problems... some of which are slowly getting address, others, not so much. I feel so helpless at times with the pool. I'm glad I found this site. (no need to comment on this part of my post, I'll try to create a new thread when I have the time, I just really wanted to post info up about the iAquaLink).

Regards,
J

I have an iAquaLink 3.0 and it locks up a LOT. My 2.0 never locked up. Distane to the WAP (wireless AP) is only 20 feet and reception is great. I've decided that the 3.0 is buggy. Performance like this is unacceptable for a device this expensive. I've told support to escalate to the their developers. I can continue to use the device via the iOS app even when the "waiting for connection" appears. Latency to the AquaLink when this is happening is very low (5-15ms).

Reactions: DanLorenze
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.